- 6 bratwurst links (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles beer (do not use dark)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- Your favorite mustard
Grill bratwurst, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, turning once.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and bell pepper strips, and sauté until tender.
Stir in beer and seasoning blend; add sausage, and simmer mixture for 20 minutes.Place 1 bratwurst link in each roll, and top evenly with vegetable mixture. Serve with your favortite mustard.